As the year 2020 comes to the last two months, there have been some huge shifts in the economy and the kinds of professions that are in demand. Since work from home and remote working was the main mode of operation for majority of the organizations, a huge emphasis on digitization was brought forth, which showed brands that they need to get closer to the customers to convert and keep in touch with them, when the customer cannot come to them due to social distancing norms and other inconveniences. In such a challenging situation, a few professions made their mark in the business world by proving its utility much before the expected time persion, one of them being career in digital marketing.
For those interested to make a career in digital marketing, knowing how will help immensely. So, our career guide today is here to discuss how to make a career in digital marketing in India and everything else there is to know about it.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to marketing a brand, product, or service using digital channels to connect to the organization’s target audience.
Jobs available for a career in digital marketing
The digital marketing department has several job descriptions that you can explore. Some jobs are more technical and the other more creative, so you can choose your niche as per your preference and inclination.
- Digital Marketing Manager: A Digital marketing manager heads the digital marketing department and works on creating marketing campaigns, analysing and interpreting an analytics reports, curation & maintaining an online presence for the brand, and more.
- SEO Specialist: The Search Engine Optimization specialist works to boost the organization’s website traffic using on-page & off-page search engine optimization, implementing keyword research, and maintaining website performance reports.
- Search Engine Marketer: A Search Engine marketer is responsible for creating and implementing paid search brand campaigns, ensuring to recover maximum ROI on such paid campaigns, and conduct an in-depth site and competitor analysis.
- Social Media Marketer: Social media marketing is for those who love to use and experiment with different social media platforms and their algorithms for marketing. This job involves creating and deploying social media campaigns or strategies to boost the target audience engagement to promote brands on social media platforms.
- Web Analyst or Data Analyst: A web or data analyst works on number crunching and interpretation, which is in line with a career in data science, They conduct extensive market research and analyze the numbers procured to create reports through website analytics tools.
- Content Marketer: A content marketer has the most creative job of all because they curate moving content for the audiences according to their psychology, behavior, and other factors important for the target audience. They create content for brands that reflect their values, purpose, and utility. Content marketers generate SEO friendly content; they also edit, & optimize site content, help in driving organic traffic, and increase user engagement through content.
- Inbound Marketer: An inbound marketer has the job to generate & implement strategies that attract customers using great content.
- Email Marketer: Email marketers carry out the function of deploying email marketing campaigns to promote a product, page, or service to generate leads so they can be converted by the sales team.
What is the eligibility and qualification for a career in digital marketing?
You can become a digital marketer by completing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, mass media, or pursuing a master’s degree in marketing where you specialize in digital marketing. The minimum eligibility for a bachelor’s degree is clearing your 10+2 examinations.
Online courses to make a career in digital marketing in India
There are several digital marketing courses that can be obtained with official certification from websites such as EduEx, LinkedIn Career tools, Udemy and other such platforms. Several reputed colleges in India and abroad offer remote learning degrees or diplomas in digital marketing which may be a course for 3 months to almost a year.
Given below are courses in digital marketing offered by the premiere league b-schools of India:
- Digital Marketing for business Growth: IIM, Bangalore
- Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategies: ISB, Hyderabad.
- Executive Development Program in Digital Marketing: XLRI, Jamshedpur.
- Executive Programme On Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy: IIM, Calcutta.
Long story short, the skill of a digital marketer and remote working is one of the most demanded job descriptions at the moment, and the trend will continue to rise in the next year as well. If you want to explore more career options, there are many other upcoming professions such as a microbiologist, that you can check out. Visit our career guides to find your path to any profession!
Interested in finding out more about the subjects raised on this page?
Simply click on the tags below to read related blog posts...