Ethical hacking is a profession that is going to see a considerable rise in demand in this decade due to the woes of online security problems that is a side-effect of technological advancements. It has been observed that the cyber crime rates post the Coronavirus pandemic lockdown have increased to a huge extent, due to desperation and easy ways to con people out of their hard earned savings. We also witnessed how culprits can violate the privacy of minors and other citizens by exploiting their private information on social media and generic platforms.
Cyber bullying, identity theft, data theft by well-known companies, online harassment, scams, and frauds have created quite a mess on the internet that needs the help of ethical hacking now more than ever. If you feel a strong calling towards this profession while serving the greater good, our blog will guide you to make a career in ethical hacking in India. To know more about the ethical hacking career in India, read on below!
What does ethical hacking involve?
An ethical hacking career in India involves permissible hacking of systems to find vulnerabilities to fix them or improve upon data security of organizations. Ethical hacking can land you jobs in corporate companies from the technological industry or even the government to tie any loose ends and catch chinks in their armours to avoid malicious hackers from doing any damage. Another profile of ethical hacking deals with identity theft, underage exploitation, and online harassment cases (government cybercrime unit).
What are the rules of ethical hacking?
A person pursuing an ethical hacking career in India needs to understand the fundamental rules of their profession, which are:
- Explicit authority (written) to hack into the network in order to catch and fix potential security threats.
- Ethical hackers must respect the client’s privacy.
- After concluding their work, an ethical hacker must close all loops so they cannot be exploited by others.
- An ethical hacker is bound by contract and privilege to notify the software or hardware developing organization, or client about any flaws in their code.
Technical skills for a career in ethical hacking in India
- An elaborate experience in the field of network security.
- Technical and practical knowledge about various operating systems.
- Practical and technical knowledge about Microsoft servers, Linux servers, Cisco network switches, virtualization, Citrix, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Hands-on experience with the latest penetration or hacking software.
How to pursue a career in ethical hacking in India?
To become an ethical hacker in India, you need to be eligible to pick up courses from reputed technological institutes in the country and abroad. A Bachelor’s degree in technology (BCA, B.Sc, BE, B.Tech) is necessary for the foundation of your knowledge base. Candidates from other streams who have an advanced diploma certificate in network security or relevant technology are also eligible to become ethical hackers. Here are the names of a few international certifications that can also help you get amazing jobs as professional ethical hackers in India:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-Council)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-Council)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) by SAN and GIAC
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
Below you will find the name of Indian institutes that offer great courses and curriculum based on ethical hacking to open a gateway to this career for you:
- International Institute of Information Technology: Tech in Computer Science and Information Security
- DOEACC/NIELIT, Calicut:G Diploma in Information Security and System Administration
- Institute of Information Security: CISSP Training Certified Professional Forensics Consultants Certified Information Security Consultant Certified Professional Hacker
- University of Madras: Sc in Cyber Forensics and Information Security
- SRM University: Tech in Information Security and Computer Forensic
- Reliance World Outlets: Ankit Fadia Certified Ethical Hacker Course
- Kalasalingam University: Tech in Information Assurance and Security
Ethical hacking has a lot of scope when it comes to software and web security. Combined with the expertise and experience of your profession, an ethical hacker can earn an attractive salary in the long term. We hope that our career guide based on ethical hacking helped you understand the prerequisites better. To explore more career options such as a fintech professional or graphic designer visit our career guides.
Interested in finding out more about the subjects raised on this page?
Simply click on the tags below to read related blog posts...