The number of startups are constantly on the rise and presents endless opportunities to customers as well as candidates looking for a job. They are a great place to work due to flexible working hours, a fresh work culture and fluidity in operations where everyone is taken into consideration while decision making. However, most startups recruitment drives face the setback of not having a remarkable name such as the other established organizations in the market. What we have observed is how candidates feel apprehensive if the name of the brand is unheard of or less popular. Startups hiring new employees on a budget may also face roadblocks in finding competent staff in their given pay due to the competitive market. If you are one of such startups hiring actively, our blog can help you find and recruit talented personnel with our recruitment strategies for startups.
Recruitment strategies for startups differ on the basis of the type of industry they belong to and the size of their startup, but the basics remain the same. It is very important for startups hiring new and talented employees to understand their structure before they add to the fold, because a lack of planning can result in high rates of employee turnover or a prolonged gap in filling the position at your workplace. Read our five startups recruitment tips below to know more.
- Plan your costs to benefits prior to hiring: The biggest element of your recruitment strategie for startups is to plan your budget per employee well. Weighing the remuneration, you aim to provide an employee in return for the value they bring to the table is called a cost to benefit analysis. This includes calculating the following costs:
- Hiring Cost
Upon the computation of an employee’s salary, you can add the benefit you expect to receive from the hired candidate, such as:
- Research & Development
- Consider hiring a freelancer: If you cannot afford to pay big bucks for a full-time employee, consider hiring a freelancer as part of the startup’s recruitment plan. A freelancer is a professional who takes on multiple clients, while sticking to their deadlines and providing you results of great benefit at a certain hiricost. The advantage of hiring a freelancer is you would not have to pay them perquisites and benefits as an employee would be entitled to.
- Call potential candidates who have experience in working with startups: If your startup is a name that isn’t yet known well in the industry while you’re up for hiring new employees, consider searching the hiring portals and professional social media such as LinkedIn for people who are actively searching for jobs and have previous work experience with startups. This will make the process a smooth ride for you and the candidate as they know exactly what a startup requires in terms of performance and delivery. Hiring employees from corporate organizational backgrounds may take some time for them to adjust with the work environment and onboarding process.
- Enhance your brand image by using good content: The key to improving your startups brand image is to create good content that people find of value. You can create a blog section with SEO to publish articles based on know-how based on your field to garner more visibility. Guest posting, having an active social media channel that engages with viewers, contests, giveaways, and other branding strategies will help you familiarize your startup’s name. This in turn creates a degree of credibility for experienced and valuable candidates to apply to your startup.
- Utilize employee referral portals and programs: The key is to use job referral portals to find the right match for you. Networking on LinkedIn while approaching candidates that match your job description is another way startup hiring go about their pitch. Referred employees often are more efficient and stick around longer, so joining a referral program is a great step to hire long-term candidates.
From the above recruitment strategies for startups, you will be able to formulate a plan that works well for your organization that covers all your bases while getting you the best possible candidate in your budget. For more guidance regarding recruiting and hiring, visit our info hub. You can also connect with thousands of candidates to hire the ones who will bring you great results on our hirers portal at Zoek India.
Interested in finding out more about the subjects raised on this page?
Simply click on the tags below to read related blog posts...