Software Engineer - Indira Nagar | Zoek India | 0f40d0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Indira Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
INNOVATION & MARKETING
Driven by PossibilityGates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.POSITION SUMMARY:In this role, the Software Engineer will develop computer-aided engineering (CAE) applications to be used globally by application engineers, sales teams, and end customers. The developer will be responsible for code development, validation, and system integration testing.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs, Testing, and evaluating new programs
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Follows the software development lifecycle
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Maintaining existing applications including resolution of errors
- Working with product line management and application engineers to resolve issues
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:The incumbent is an individual contributor. QUALIFICATIONS & PREFERRED SKILLS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.- 4-year Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- 5-8 years' experience (pref in implementing engineering or scientific algorithms and numerical methods).
- Preferably 5 years in software design and development.
REQUIRED SKILLS: - Proficiency with C is a must, with a familiarity of its coding environment (which is mainly Microsoft's Visual Studio)
- Strong coding skills in creating Desktop Application with hands on C , WPF and MVVM
- Experience in creating web application & Web API"s .Net core MVC Framework
- Upgrading, configuring, and debugging existing systems Windows Desktop Applications
- Providing technical support for web, desktop, or mobile applications
- Strong OOAD & OOPS concepts knowledge with design patterns.
- Good understanding of Windows internals.
- Good knowledge with working on TFS work items
- Should have good experience in SQL Server / SQLite, MS Access
- Performed unit testing in projects
- The ability to design engineering software, quickly and effectively.
- The ability to convert engineering calculations in a variety of formats into solid application functionality.
- The capability to understand and communicate software and customer requirements.
- The ability to communicate effectively to present ideas, and concepts.
- Be able to work in a team environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Normal office working hours but extended hours will be required.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.