Team Leader - Indira Nagar | Zoek India | 0f7794
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Indira Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Product / Domain Knowledge
• Possesses interpretive knowledge on the domain and works from the operations and technology perspective.
- Should be able to understand existing - Core System, Sub systems & Franchise System.
- Should be able to assess the duplicate work arounds. And layers of checking involved and work towards minimisation of these layers.
• Complete understanding of risk points in the product
- Knowledg of Credit & Debit Card Chargeback Process and their workflow is must for them to identify the risk involved in the Products
- The risk of not reporting SAFE & ATM reversal, Temporary Credit Reversal etc on time is to be understood and cascaded to the team and have control of monitoring them.
- Having track of chargeback files that involves various cycles and ensure that cases are actioned on time so that we do not exposure to Risk.
• Provides guidance and clarification to others on principles & products
- When there is a change in process advised by Country due to change in Bank policy, Country policy & Franchise Rules and Regulations etc., this is to be socialised with the entire team to ensure adherence.
• Explains how principles apply to work activity
- Should be able to interpret the Franchise guidelines, local guidelines and policies and apply to the current process, Ensure that its implemented in processing as well.
• Obtains feedback, develops or recommends changes to policies and procedures
- Is constantly engaged with Country / Technology / various customer touchpoints and recommends changes to processes so that they could be made simple
• Handles exceptions which are complex, is able to judge to a fair degree the consequences of the exceptions.
- Should be able to take decisions such that there is a win win situation even in complex situations
• An awareness of linkages with other products/ process, linkages with various systems, hub resources and country resources.
• Able to relate how each one of it impacts and correlate to each other.
- Should be able to look at the bigger picture where a complete understanding of the linkage to processes to various products cutting across systems / sub systems is identified to optimise the utilisation of resources
• Identify and eliminate process waste (excessive movement & transportation, wait time, defects, underutilized people/resources & non value added processing steps).
- To do an end to end process review of Chargeback Processing and its workflow, identify the process gaps, non value added activities etc and suggest areas of improvement.
• Assess process health through key metrics
- To check error types and do an analysis in reduction of such errors.
- To check the actual time taken to process end to end chargeback activity by splitting / break them to various levels and steps of processing.
• Analyses and remedies inefficiencies in processes
- To check any e-mail based processing done by Chargeback team and look at moving them to process flow systems
- If there are any processes which cannot be moved to work flow systems, suggesting an effective way of checking the transactions end to end independently without referring to maker inputs
• Ensure updated DOI’s and end to end system / process manual on a regular basis
- Review the DOIs step by step regularly and check if there are any gaps in process executed
- Ensure that all processes executed are captured in DOI
- Ensure that any non value added process / layers of checking in the DOI is reviewed completely and if found to be non productive, highlight the same to country and follow up for removal of such process from the DOI
• Advises on multiple processes and trains staff.
- Understand the complexity of process and the inter linkage of process of different Countries.
- Standardaziation of process across all countries need to be followed.
- Ensure to keep staff informed on the process changes with reference to Chargeback Process laid down by Franchise / Country / Regulatory authorities and the impact of these changes.
- Train the staff adequately on regular interval.
- And also create awareness of the risks associated with each of the chargeback & financial process so the there is a quaility output & timeline etc.
• Instill in team the sense of urgency for change
- To ensure that the entire team is aware of the impact of changes and the associated risks of not following the change of process.
- To ensure that the entire team members come up the learning curve in terms of changes advised by Country / Regulatory Authorities.
• Makes decisions on area of control and can identify issues that need to be escalated
- To take right decisions while resourcing & training requirements
- To inform the top management at the appropriate time at times of emergencies so that corrective action can be taken at the right time.
• Ability to categorize and to quantify the work plans to suit the SLA requirements
• Review cycle times for correctness of input
• Develop capacity model for projection of FTE requirements.
• Comprehensively describes approach to capacity management and reasons behind it, and applies this approach across a broad range of platforms while taking ownership for their capacity management
• Defines and mitigates capacity risks
• Displays flexibility in altering plans to achieve objectives or adapt to situations
Operational risk Management
• Analyses, interprets and monitors operations risk and suggests mitigation techniques to reduce such risk
• Check inherent risk of product and process in the operating environment and demonstrate support for the internal program through behavior, presentations, and discussions
• Able to identify early warning signals and to initiate remedial action.
• Able to anticipate and detect fraud and take preventive measures keeping the global fraud environment in mind.
• Establish prevention and detection internal controls with an end-to-end perspective (from transaction to customer), which address potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement
• Use of internal/external audit findings to further improve service excellence
• Promote & enable a culture of audit readiness at all times in order to ensure no failed audits
• Instructs others in the area of operations risk assessment and monitoring
• Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self
• Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
• Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
• Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioral recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
• Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
• Instills a strong internal and external customer mindset in the team by setting service quality standards.
• Takes ownership of team goals in addition to their own
• Understands customer’s requirements, able to apply them and guide others
• Understands the relative strength of each customer segment’s priorities and requirements
• Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error free processing and better customer service
• Able to initiate contact with customers to create a network with customers and seek feedback on service
• Is able to serve customer within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures/ change process model
• Clearly articulates and confidently expresses ideas and arguments
• Listens well and offers positive and creative solutions
• Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner without conflicts
• Be able to give open and honest communication to demonstrate ethical leadership with integrity
• Demonstrates presentation skills
• Proactively identifies problems and promotes solutions
• Addresses conflicts and errors quickly before they escalate
• Understands some basic concepts in managing problems and able to apply them in own areas of work
• Determines the significance of problem
• Collects data, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant data related to problem
• Able to put forth areas of concern and assistance required from Countries for improvement in operations
• Understands concerns and needs of the stakeholders
• Asses ones work and processes by their impact on stakeholder's concerns.
• Being able to give confidence to stakeholders that their interests are protected.
• In the event of any unforeseen incidents, proactively manage flow of information to stake holders and reassure with concrete steps that all in control
• Understands basic people management skills concept. Able to lead, motivate and develop a small team.
• Negotiates and agrees performance agreements with employees
• Regularly reviews, both formally and informally, individual and team performance
• Able to provide objective feedback to team members, and suggest how knowledge, skills, behaviour and performance may be improved.
• Provides regular performance and skill coaching as part of the feedback process.
• Facilitates collaborative problem solving and decision making with the team
• Provides clarity to team on what excellence means for their roles
• Builds strong individual engagement with team members
• Uses and manages HR systems as a management tool
• Able to promote the team's morale
• Develops procedures for change and ensures that they are effectively documented & communicated to all
• Able to drive change and provide constructive feedback
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change and instills in teams the sense of urgency for change
• Supports managers on the effects of change within their teams/ processes through consultation and facilitation
• Uses tools specified to facilitate change
• Openness to new ideas and viewpoints
• Understands the need for projects/ initiatives and contributes to the progress of the project
• Has oversight of the purpose and status of the projects to ensure the overall project goals are likely to be met
Financial & Budgetary Management
• Able to understand Financial Concepts.
• Describes the internal control procedures and systems (. processing company invoices)
• Ability to decide based on the available information in hand to recommend decisions.
• Understanding the data points how it matches / breaches the rules.
• Analyzing transactions to bring out trends and patterns.
• Identifying the key information required from other sources
• Co-relate all the inputs, analysis and summarize the findings.
• Able to analyze the trends and patterns in the unit (Volume, capacity, performances & errors)
Strategy Formulation & Implementations
• Understands the strategies and priorities of the organization
• Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies Our Ideal Candidate
For Grade D: > than 5 years Experience with the following skills
- People Management Skills
- Stake Holder Management
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision making