Senior Principal Consultant - Gurugram - This Area only | Zoek India | 2000209c4b85441989c3b01dd85e6604
Senior Principal Consultant, Cloud Engineering Specialist
Gurugram - This Area only
Permanent (Full time)
Job Description - Senior Principal Consultant, Cloud Engineering Specialist (20000XMT)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. LifeatOracle
Oracle Cloud Engineering is looking for a Cloud Engineer to be a subject matter expert in the areas of Cloud Infrastructure, Database and Oracle Applications, leveraging Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) services to solve customer problems and drive down customer costs. The specialist CE will partner closely with the Business Development and Sales teams as well as customers and partners, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions, primarily in the area of Oracle packaged applications.
OCI is the next generation cloud service built from the ground up for the most demanding application requirements with enterprise-class performance, reliability, and governance functionality for a variety of customer use cases. We are rapidly expanding our footprint and continuously building innovative solutions.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
The job requires working in afternoon shifts starting around 2:00 PM, India time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with Sales teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions.
- Partner closely with customer and 3rd party partners to work on non-production and production migrations, especially in the database and infrastructure workstreams.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with customers, partners and Oracle field personnel to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Create field enablement materials for the broader field population, to help other CEs understand how to integrate OCI solutions into customer app architectures.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
- Implement Proof-of-Concepts, non production migrations and production migrations for databases and applications.
- Experience in Oracle Database, including at least 5 years of professional experience in related technologies.
- Experience with modern cloud platforms (OCI, AWS, Azure, GCP) including networking, governance, identity, storage, high availabilty and disaster recovery and operations. Experience and/or certification in OCI is a plus.
- Experience with managing data transformation as part of a cloud data integration strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Engineering degree with Technical background highly desired; advanced degree a plus.
- Communicate complex ideas and topics to multiple audiences.
- Be able to work with and communicate internally & with the customer at all levels, including engineers, end-users, partners to senior leaders.
- Design solutions to customer issues by bringing together the right processes, technologies, tools, and people.
Key Skills, listed in priority order:
- 10+ years of experience in developing, implementing or architecting information systems.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud computing (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with cloud technologies (virtualization, storage, PaaS, networking, identity)
- Experience with DevOps methodology and tooling (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, GIT). Experience with Terraform provider for OCI is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Unix shell scripting, Perl, WLST)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant)
- System administration experience (Linux, Solaris)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
:Regular Employee Hire
Posted 1 days ago