Firmware Developer - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 2008ca7d6eb040abb808e8ceb1d17579
Permanent (Full time)
Western DigitalCorporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leadingportfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash anddisk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizationsworldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives andenabling great value from the data they possess.
Innovating at theBoundaries of Technology: Whether in your pocket, home, car, or the cloud, its likelyWestern Digital is with you every step of the way. It's aresponsibilitywe don't take lightly. That's why we are always at the cusp of innovation,pushing the boundaries oftechnology to make what you thought wasonce impossible, possible.
We deliver thepossibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible. The next big thing in datais you! Shape the future & define what's possible. Come shape the futurewith us. For more information about us, please visit us at
Job-Title: Firmware Developer
- Handling key Firmware/System design responsibility of complex and Performance critical embedded system.
- Ability to arrive at good solutions weighing alternatives.
- Capable of designing for and estimating performance, power etc. in embedded systems involving data and control flows.
- Firmware Development using assembly/C programming language, RTOS,
- Strong knowledge of structured code development methods and debug techniques.
- Design of complex systems, algorithms and implementation for features, performance and scalability.
- Good working experience with Microcontrollers & Microprocessors, SOC environments and tools.
- Good exposure to working with simulations, FPGA environments, debug techniques.
- Excellent capability to design and deploy efficient algorithms in -depth understanding of software/firmware development processes/cycles.
- Architect, Design, Development and Testing of Firmware Components.
- Identifying and understanding firmware requirements and defining features and functionality in the areas of FLASH storage.
- Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test and customer interfaces.
- Complete design and development cycle from Conceptualization, detailed design, Models, simulations, design calculations, Prototyping etc.
- Evaluating firmware and system architectures, designs, implementation and assess system performance.
- Mentoring FW engineering teams in design and development of solutions.
- To be connected with current developments, competition, standards and Represent in standard bodies as necessary
- / / / Degree.
- Demonstrated technical Leadership capability in FW architecture, design and development.
- Very good teamwork and communication skills.
- Good understanding of storage protocols like NVMe, SATA, USB / SD.
- Ability to meet aggressive targets and cope with changes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with global teams.
WD is an EqualOpportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:WD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for allemployees and to providing employees with a work environment free ofdiscrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at WD are based onbusiness needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regardto race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteranstatus, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexualorientation, family, parental status, or any other status protected by the lawsor regulations in the locations where we operate.
Posted 1 days ago