Staff Software Engineer - Pune | Zoek India | 20210dd2deaa48ecbe0fd7bcf2d7c36f
Staff Software Engineer - Data Path Team
Pune, Pune Division, Maharashtra
Permanent (Full time)
Cohesity Bringing Google-Like Simplicity to Data Management: One Platform. One UI.
Cohesity eliminates mass data fragmentation with one web-scale data management platform that radically simplifies the way companies protect, control and extract value from their data. This software-defined platform spans across Clouds and data centers, can be managed from a single GUI, and enables independent apps to run in the same environment.
"We use web-scale design principles to revolutionize an area of IT that hasn’t seen innovation in decades" by Mohit Aron, CEO/Founder
Article Cohesity Named Visionary in 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions
Video How Cohesity Redefines Data Management
About our Team
As part of this core development team, you will design and build massively distributed systems at web-scale. You will be building the core backend of the Cohesity Data Platform and Cohesity SpanFS (limitless Filesystem) .
Cohesity Data Platform is a limitless scale out system. It is the industry’s only hyperconverged platform designed to consolidate ALL secondary storage and data services built on web-scale distributed architecture.
Cohesity SpanFS was built to consolidate all secondary storage and eliminate legacy storage silos. It’s the only file system that combines NFS, SMB and S3 interfaces, global deduplication, and unlimited snaps and clones, on a web-scale platform. No more compromising between enterprise and cloud stacks!
There will be a large variety of features to work on including: hyper-convergence, distributed data path, distributed filesystem, data across thousands of nodes, object storage, cloud services, asynchronous programming, performance optimization, software-defined infrastructure, consensus protocols, massively parallel and distributed data sets, infinite scalability, snapshots, resiliency, deduplication, compression, replication, multiple protocols, fault-tolerance, infrastructure and more that we cannot disclose yet.
We are looking for exceptional Engineers/Leads who bring the experience of building LARGE distributed systems and solving complex problems.
What we are looking for:
- Min 10 years with infrastructure, back-end development experience
- MTech/MS/PhD in Computer Science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- You have worked on and understand large scale, highly available distributed systems
- You have worked on large scale engineering challenges.
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing
- Expert level programming and debugging skills in C or C++ or Go Or Java
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- You have worked on and understand:
- NAS, filers, filesystems or storage
- NAS protocols such as SMB, CIFS, NFS or S3
- Familiarity in distributed storage, filesystems, object storage is a huge plus
- Proven skills to solve complex problems. Experience with debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication and sharp analytical abilities
- Ability to give technical feedback and drive quality via code reviews
- Expert level knowledge in identifying performance bottlenecks and performance optimization
- Ability to represent operational issues to senior leadership and dive deep into the technical details when required
- Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment; Set and refine processes, communicate clearly to steer the strongly talented team to deliver a high quality service
- Experience in building strong, successful technical teams and coaching and mentoring individuals along their career paths
Openings are for senior level experienced Engineers!
Posted 1 days ago