Software Dev Engineer - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 202ff8d7d220434c8006f55d8a792b96
Software Dev Engineer - III
Permanent (Full time)
Who We Are and What We Do: The Amazon Associates program is a key and integral part of our Amazon’s marketing mix that brings new customers to Amazon, drives existing customers to discover new products or programs (. Prime, Amazon Video) on Amazon and increases customer loyalty. The Amazon Associates program is one of the most well-known and respected Affiliates programs world-wide and enables our partners (from content websites and social influencers, to large portals) to monetize their online traffic by referring customers to Amazon.
Associates has multiple charters:
· Marketing our products on the retail websites, increase the awareness of our product selection and low prices to customers in a variety of ways, driving traffic to Amazon properties to increase sales.
· Work across our multi-country presence with different customer behaviors, and multiple form factors of desktop, mobile and tablet with a diverse set of product portfolios.
· We use several advertising channels to bring customers to Amazon. One of the major forms of advertising is by placing advertisements for Amazon on 3rd Party sites (Publishers) and apps on mobile devices. We have millions of such Publishers in our network, driving thousands of millions of dollars in sales for Amazon.
· We work at the confluence of Retail and Advertising and are pioneering the move to Native Advertising.
· Our back-end systems process every single order, in all Amazon marketplaces worldwide, we use the latest in Elastic Search, Lambda Architecture, Machine Learning, Workflows via NoSQL.
Why It Matters and Why You Will Love It
Amazon and Associates Program are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth we must continually innovate with new products, processes, insights and outreach to publishers that help grow our business at massive scale. You’ll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact millions of publishers in a multi-billion dollar business, world-wide. You’ll help us rapidly launch and scale our products while maintaining quality controls. The software you create will benefit Amazon’s external customers across Retail and Associates. You’ll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Advertising business and network of Publishers. You’ll work with massive data sets and work in rapid experimentation mode when needed. You’ll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You’ll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you’ll define and execute software development to deliver growth. Engineers in Associates team work across technologies, and deliver Internet scale solutions that focus on high throughput, low latency, high stability and load tolerance. We build a lot of new products from scratch to help drive revenue tomorrow and also passionately maintain our existing products that drive revenue today. As a SDE working in the Associates team, you will not only be responsible for creative input into algorithms that maximize our revenue from Advertising, but you will also develop them in an Object Oriented and scalable way. The software that you design and develop will provide the highly reliable, low cost marketing solutions to , and other advertisers. You will be dealing with high transaction systems and web services supporting thousands of transactions per second.
We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative algorithms, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. Knowing Java or C++ and Object-oriented Design is a must, and no-SQL is highly desired. Experience working with Linux is a big plus. Having worked on Mobile development would be good. If you have worked on web development focusing on mobile form factors, it would be an added advantage.
What are we looking for?
You will be a key contributor in defining the architecture and roadmap of a new multi-billion dollar business and as such, this position has high levels of exposure to senior members of Amazon’s World-Wide Consumer Marketing organization and beyond.
Thinking strategically and tactically along with being innovative, an exemplary leader, an excellent communicator, influencer, and working with a premier engineering team will help you flourish in the role. Leading and navigating cross-functional/geo efforts should come naturally, along with having tried and true experience partnering with cross-geo engineering, product, design & business team to ensure you and your team are handling the tactical work but also keeping the long term strategy in mind and making measurable progress towards those objectives. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs, while also multitasking across a portfolio of project responsibilities. Strong technology vision, constant prioritization and crisp communication are required for success.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and relational & non-relational databases. Expert in distributed data processing frameworks - Hadoop, Spark, Scala Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities. Must show strong ownership, bias for action and product sense.
Posted 1 days ago