Power and Performance Optimization Manager - Bangalore (North) | Zoek India | 2030a83a065b499ab7065069e0f61fe4
Power and Performance Optimization Manager
Bangalore (North), Bangalore Urban, Karnataka
Permanent (Full time)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
===============SMTS PERFORMANCE ENGINEER===============
• Performance optimization for Semi Custom APU products
• Responsible for post-silicon activities related to Performance targets
• Develop test plans and execute Performance Testing on Computer Systems
• Debug and troubleshooting system level issues related to performance or features
• Clearly document all test procedures and results for both internal and external customers.
• Provide technical direction and mentoring/coaching to junior engineers
• Candidate must have working knowledge of CPU, GPU, and system architectures and their implications on system power and performance.
• Knowledge in BIOS, device driver, application software, benchmark software, and how they interact with hardware.
• Demonstrated system level debugging skills and methods
• Experience with quality assurance best practices and post silicon validation lifecycle with a focus on performance data collection and analysis.
• Experience with scripting languages: Perl, Python, Ruby
• Proficient in C and have a good understanding of firmware
• Hands-on lab experience including building and bringing up entire platforms and SW stack
• Excellent verbal communication and written, presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience giving junior engineers technical direction on issues and daily tasks based on program priorities.
• Attention to details with ability to clearly document/communicate results, work status, and issues to a diverse audience.
• Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization and multi-site/geography environment
• Working experience with Linux, Windows and Android and general skills in bringing up systems
• Working experience with protocol analyzer/exerciser
• Working experience in multi-site worldwide organization
• Postive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Prior SOC Power validation and tuning experience
• Prior PCBA Memory tuning experience
• Able to read a schematic and PCB layout
• An Electrical or Computer Engineering Bachelor's degree with 10+ years related experience or Master's degree with 7+ years related experience
Requisition Number: 81213
Country: India State: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design