Sales Representative / Business Development Executive - Chennai | Zoek India | 20c7a9d0ee274e3984c10c5e42d8c7ed
Sales Representative / Business Development Executive
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Permanent (Full time)
FreeElective Network Pvt. Ltd., based in Chennai, introduced —a next-generation matchmaking platform—well before the recent wave of here-today/gone-tomorrow casual dating sites and the more-recent Tinder-for-India wannabes. (Jodi365 caters to quality singles and helps them find the right partner at their own pace, whether they are ready for marriage in the near term or want to get to know someone as friends first.) Since 2011, we have made millions of introductions. Just as important: We have a validated business model. Having recently launched a re-built, scaleable version () of our innovative, patent-pending system and a mobile app, we are growing briskly. We are also introducing , a complementary wedding planning platform and marketplace that helps people discover beautiful venues, connect with curated vendors and service providers, and plan a special event – with due consideration to Covid-19, of course.
We are looking to add to our team a results-driven sales executive to boost our top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The ideal Sales Representative / Business Development Executive will actively seek out and engage customer prospects (for Jodi365 and/or Peepul365), address their needs, and provide appropriate and complete solutions. The work would nominally be at FreeElective Network's office in the heart of Chennai, a few miles from the IIT-Madras campus. However, the entire team has been ably working from home since mid-March, in 12+ cities and towns across India. The position represents a terrific opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, especially for someone who is interested in a career in marketing, advertising, sales, and business development. If you think your particular skills and experience would add to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Perform market research and proactively identify new business development opportunities—including potential customers, partners, and advertisers
- Prepare an outreach plan, connect with and build relationships with decision makers, and develop targeted proposals for new business
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails, identify their needs and preferences, and suggest appropriate, customized products/services
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact to closing the deal, and ensure proper after-sales service
- Work towards meeting sales goals and regularly report on progress to management
- Synthesize feedback from the field into product and platform enhancement suggestions for the engineering team
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Assist management team in ensuring efficient progress of workflow and transforming business visions into reality
- Demonstrated interest or experience in marketing, sales, business development, or related fields
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and selling skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Proven experience in sales, particularly developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas, would be a plus
- Familiarity with customer relationship management software and practices
- Bachelor's or higher degree in marketing, economics, business, sociology, or psychology
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines
- Willingness to learn, switch roles as necessary, and to roll up one's sleeves to get a job done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Energized by the opportunities and challenges of working at a small and growing company
SOME TIPS, BEFORE YOU APPLY:
We take this process seriously and hope that you do, too. Here are some tips, as you consider applying:
- Please review our web sites – , , and – before you apply, to get a good understanding of our businesses
- Be true to yourself. Ask yourself about this job, “Is this what I really want to do professionally?”
- Click on the Apply Now button to begin submitting your application online
- Spare us a cut-and-pasted, recycled cover letter! Take the time to provide thoughtful answers to our screening questions.
- Say it in your own words. Your responses will be more compelling if they came from the heart.
Got any questions? Write to us at: <######>
Know someone who may fit the bill? Please share this job posting with them.
FreeElective is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with *applicable laws governing non-discrimination in every location in which the company has facilities*. We provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, ethnicity, race, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We also believe that our associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on any of the above demographic characteristics, and we expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. For more about the company, please visit * ().*