Sr. DevOps Engineer - Tadbund Hyderabad | Zoek India | 20d0e379846d468f9c0524d980d2a04b
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Tadbund Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
Permanent (Full time)
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the ., Canada, and India.
Does building out a top-tier DevOps team, and everything that comes with it, sound intriguing?
DevOps senior software engineer/team lead embedded in an energetic DevOps agile team. Our DevOps teams are tightly coupled and integrated with the culture, tools, practices and patterns of the rest of our software engineering organization. They not only “keep the lights on” for our systems and networks, but also empower our other development teams with cutting edge tools and capabilities to bring Vertafore products to market as quickly as possible. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
You will lead the team in building out our continuous delivery infrastructure and processes for all our products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will be hands on leading the architecture and design of the frameworks for the automated continuous deployment of application code, the operational and security monitoring and care of the infrastructure and software platforms. You and your team will serve as the liaison between the agile development teams, SaaS operations, and external cloud providers for deployment, operational efficiency, security, and business continuity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
- 2 – 4 years professional experience in DevOps
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with other developers, business analysts, testing specialists and product owners to create stellar software products
- Have a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical, and design skills.
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community, identifying and proactively advocating for cutting edge tools that would optimize operational performance and/or reduce operating costs.
- Have experience in regulated environments.
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code and infrastructure.
- Be curious and avid learner
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions.
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers.
- Driven to improve, personally and professionally.
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them.
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions.
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience in mission critical Cloud operations and/or DevOps engineering
- Have experience with AWS technologies and/or developing with Distributed Systems using Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef or Jenkins.
- Strong understanding and experience working with Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration.
- Have experience with operating and tuning relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience with Chef.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and microservices.
- Have experience with performing support and administrative tasks within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Proficiency in managing systems within multiple sites including fail-over redundancy & autoscaling (knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service).
- Have experience deploying, maintaining and managing secure systems.
- A background in software development, preferably Web applications.
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
- Have experience with build & deploy tools (Jenkins).
- Have knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack.
- Have been on the front lines of production outages, both working to resolve the outage as well as root-cause the problem and provide long-term resolution or early identification strategies.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That’s why, at Vertafore, it’s our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore conducts preemployment background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.