Senior Software Development Engineer - Chennai | Zoek India | 20f2377f2e494aa593c043b6d73bdd48
Senior Software Development Engineer
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design/build massive scale, distributed computing solutions. You will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering solutions to vague and complex payment problems. You will own deliverables end-to-end. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation distributed systems solving big data problems.
You should be someone who wants to conceive and design highly scalable, robust software, and wants to see their software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems.
Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
· Work closely with other engineers, TPMs, Product Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Own your module end to end in terms of design, development and delivery. Contribute to and review peer design and code.
· Work with Product Managers in understanding business problem statements and design software solutions for it.
· Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
· Mentor Other engineers in the team.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience with machine learning or predictive modeling systems
· Experience with payment processing, risk, and anti-fraud systems
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
· A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
· A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions