Marketing Manager - New Delhi | Zoek India | 21484cb6e76b472f8fbe359225cb6dab
New Delhi, Delhi
Permanent (Full time)
We have an opportunity available for an experience Marketing Manager within our Books Marketing department; Planning and executing; marketing activity on the designated portfolio and customer channel, ensuring that agreed objectives and targets are met and recommendations made, for action or change, to senior managers as required. Work with peers in management team to contribute to a high-performance marketing culture, focussing on achieving required results by managing resources effectively.
The position is responsible for understanding the needs, drivers and buying processes of academic librarians and for using that knowledge to create and execute go-to-market strategies and plans that create awareness, drive sales, and increase usage of Taylor & Francis Books and eBooks
- Monitor and analyse sales patterns and other performance measures to build marketing strategies targeting libraries & institutions in the region.
- Manage global marketing tactics from implementation and delivery to analysis, ensuring targets are met across multiple benchmarks
- Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internal (editorial, sales, development, other departments) and external (. librarians & faculty)
- Maintain and develop an awareness of external issues and market developments, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, and professional and academic trends, and share findings with the business and team.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to team and departmental objectives
- Collaborate effectively with Sales & editorial and support a lead generation process that is designed to create and nurture qualified leads with an objective to turn prospects into satisfied customers.
- Meet all revenue and promotional spend targets for team.
- Effectively collaborate with the team to execute targeted campaigns, to develop creative, impactful collateral and to attend conferences that will help us achieve strategic goals.
Where the role involves line management:
- Lead, performance manage and monitor the team, fostering a culture of high-level performance, motivation, quality, efficiency and innovation in the team, helping to encourage new ideas and constructive feedback
Knowledge and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- MBA or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
- Successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel
- Industry and market expertise
Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness; including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends.
Skills and Behaviours Required
- Excellent marketing portfolio/channel, relationship and communication management skills
- Commercial and customer focus
- Critical and analytical ability
- Understanding of statistical and financial information and high level of numeracy
- Results driven
- Excellent team player and relationship building abilities
- Excellent time management skills; meets deadlines
- Delegates effectively
- Builds effective relationships up and down organization