Software Development Snr Manager - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 219e07dddb434055896e855c719d0fac
Software Development Snr Manager
Permanent (Full time)
As a Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of Application Development Engineers reporting into you. You will be responsible to for the team’s deliverables and deliver high quality deliverables for the Product on an ongoing basis. You will also be responsible for the hiring resources, training them, technically guide them, do their performance reviews and retain and motivate high quality resources in your team. You are expected to have good domain and Technical knowledge of the technologies used in the product and the domain knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Applications with experience of 8+ years as a Software Development Manager managing a large team of Development Engineers in Product Development.
- Should have done Software Development in the past and must be prepared to be hands on if required to work with the Team and lead by example
- Should have good experience and knowledge of Software Engineering skills (Software programming, Databases, OLTP, large Application Software Products) including SDLC using Agile Methodology
- Should have very good oral and written communication skills in English
- Should have worked in large Software Development Teams working and interacting with other teams like in Product Management, Quality Assurance, Product Strategy, Integration etc.
- Experience working in Large Application Software development in the cloud is a definite plus.
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML5, Web services, AJAX , JS libraries and frameworks, etc. Must be comfortable in planning, estimating and tracking projects and deliverables.
- Exposure to multiple Software development tools like Configuration Management, Agile Process Management, Testing tools, Planning tools, etc. would be preferable
- Good Analytical skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.