Senior Software Engineer - Pune | Zoek India | 21c3dc64a2df42098139019ca8bb7a9b
Senior Software Engineer, Internal Infrastructure
Pune, Pune Division, Maharashtra
Permanent (Full time)
is hiring senior software engineers in its Infrastructure Planning and Process Team, to lead the massive scale up in various key solutions for its internal DevOps operations. IPP (Infrastructure, Planning and Process) is a global organization within NVIDIA. The group works with various other teams within NVIDIA such as Graphics Processors, Mobile Processors, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Driverless Cars to cater to their infrastructure needs. These cloud services provide almost half a million automated jobs per day on five thousand servers helping with the productivity of thousands of NVIDIA’s software developers worldwide. The cloud hosts heterogeneous mix of machines and devices with various operating systems , multitude of hardware platforms both NVIDIA GPUs and Tegra processors. Are you passionate about infrastructure and looking for complex meaningful issues, ready to build the next generation of cloud services, design creative solutions, mine through data to uncover real problems and fix them? We are excited to have a fun-loving person like you join our team!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be understand the overall movement of data in the entire platform, find bottlenecks, define solutions, develop key pieces, write APIs and own deployment of those. You will work with internal and external development teams to discover these opportunities and to solve hard problems. You will also guide other teammates in developing the APIs you have defined, developing your acceptance tests for those and reviewing the work and the test results. For this role, you will need to have excellent leadership, communication, organizational, and analytical skills as well as passion for large and hard problems, . Peta Bytes of fast storage, Million cores, 100,000 builds and 100,000 tests.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the architect and other developers in internal and external development teams.
- Own the subsystems of the NVIDIA cloud platform meeting its performance, scalability and interoperability objectives, and timely deployment.
What we need to see:
- BS (MS preferred) in EE/CS with 6+ year experience
- Expert programming ability in C, C++, Python, Java
- Consistent track record in developing large scale distributed applications.
- Ability to effectively work across organizational boundaries to maximize alignment and productivity between teams.
- Familiarity with software engineering practice (git, perforce, JIRA, JAMA, etc.)
Good background of Cloud technologies like
- Binary Artifacts and Repository Management
And technologies still in use we use are:
- NetApp or other POSIX storage
- Thread Pools / Process Pools
- Entity Relationship
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience working on a large DevOps system.
- Familiarity with AI and deep learning
- Prior development of a large software project using service oriented architecture operating with real time constraints
- Experience developing scalable server based tools
- Strong commitment to get the most performance out of a system you work on
We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our best-in-class engineering teams are rapidly growing. We are building a team that will truly change the world. If you are passionate about new technologies, care about software quality, want to be part of the future of transportation and AI, would love for you to join us.