Staff Engineer - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 21cea5cb3429458697e8d7be51236f3b
Staff Engineer - IP/IPv6 Fastpath Developer
Permanent (Full time)
VMware's elite, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of world-class computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualisation. At VMware, our engineers voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap. Our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. VMware has R&D offices around world including Chennai, India.
Group Description (VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud)
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud‐Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at
Do you love to create new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new ground breaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. With working from home becoming the new normal we are great proponent of true work life integration from day one and technology that enables great things. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Adapt fast, Believe in each other, Camaraderie at workplace/WFH - embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
- Help develop innovative IP/IPv6 fastpath pipeline to achieve high throughput with low latency
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Be fully involved in the end-to-end software development life cycle
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Contribute to company patent portfolio and to publications
- Ensure project clarity with all stakeholders and team members.
- Participates in recruiting and generating leads.
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology, and processes
- Minimum BE/MS - EE/CS with 12+ years of software development experience in Networking Software architecture and Design
- Expert in C/C++ programming
- Expertise in Linux kernel understanding and hands-on experience with DPDK
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment for high throughput and performance profiling
- Hands-on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems
- Good understanding of L2 and L3 protocols is desired
- Experience in High Availability, Security, Routing protocols is a plus.
- Passion for software development as a craft and ability to thrive in fast- paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- Good eye for problem solving and ability to debug complex multi-threading environment on Linux OS
- Proven successful technical leadership experience in Network technologies
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
This position is eligible for JoinVeloCloudIndia referral campaign