Sr. Engineering Manager (eMIP) l Target Corporation | 8+ Years - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 21d794d6c51a4d68b64aa623c3c538e2
Sr. Engineering Manager (eMIP) l Target Corporation | 8+ Years
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Permanent (Full time)
As an Engineering Manager in our eMIP, you will be in Target’s exclusive 12-month on-the-job training program focused on the leadership of engineering teams.
You will receive a mentor, an individualized curation of training, and an advisory board to help connect you at Target during and after the program. Up to 50% of your week will be devoted to hands-on learning and development while working in a Lead Engineer role. After the 12-month program, the goal is for you to be ready to be considered for a Sr. Engineering Manager role within one of Target’s Technology teams.
This program is aligned with Target's commitment to diversity and to building diverse teams. To help accomplish those goals, the on-the-job training program will focus on groups that are under-represented in the engineering industry. We are looking for driven, motivated, female engineering professionals for our Sep 2020 Cohort, starting at Target between now and July.
Please apply directly to the requisition and further application instructions will be emailed toyou. This program is open to qualified female candidates for the eMIP cohort.;
- Experience with software development or infrastructure cloud engineering within the modern technology stack. 8+ years of experience
- Strong technical aptitude – any of Java/J2EE, Python, Golang, Spring Boot, Kotlin or other open source technologies/ frameworks
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems etc
- Develop with engineering best practices (automated unit testing & functional testing etc.)
- Experience in Microservices Architecture & understanding of distributed systems' design is a plus
- Hands on experience in object-oriented Design and principles (SOLID etc)
Strong communication, ability to read, understand, fix, and document code written by other engineers. Experience with any of the databases (RDBMS, NoSQL Stores like Cassandra, HBaseetc)
- Experience taking the lead in a development/engineering team. Desire to move into a formal engineering management role while remaining hands-on and close to technology.
- Agile Mindset (ability to adapt/change direction vs. 2yr plan) and understanding of concepts