Team leader - Chennai | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Team leader, GBS CPM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
RRSD Unit faces the Group Risk Function with a peripheral support to CEO CIB Function. It handles wide spectrum of activities to support the Enterprise Risk Analytics, Traded Risk Management, Risk & Compliance Reporting teams of the Group Risk. The unit is also currently expanding itself to support the CEO CIB Office with Credit Portfolio Management.
CEO CIB Office
Credit & Portfolio Management (CPM):
- CPM Distribution is part of Credit & Portfolio Management. CPM Distribution co-ordinates loan sales in the secondary market to generate liquidity, obtain RWA relief, and offload risk at minimum cost under the guidance of the Origination and Distribution Policy. To facilitate loan sales and other CPM Distribution initiatives, GBS CPM Team extracts the data on all transferable loans from multiple sources and compiles them in the Loan Database.
- In addition, we do CPM Analytics activities which involve RWA Variance analysis, Account Plan Tracking, CPM MI packs and OBL MI packs. The activities include the production and distribution of RWA Variance reports for CB and CIB, analyzing RWA movements and engaging with GAM’s directly on the reason for the Variance.
- The team also operationalizes the International Balance Sheet Management Policy (“IBSM”) that optimizes the booking of assets globally to achieve capital and liquidity efficiency whilst best supporting execution of the business strategy.
Strategy: - Help to ensure appropriate BAU controls being established and deployed effectively in GBS.
- Help to support new Business requests through Product programmes and Country addendums
- Help to look for possibilities of leveraging on synergy within the various processes through automation thereby bringing in improvements.
Business: - Help the team to pursue the strategic intent and agenda for RRSD
- Help to improve client experience through more efficient and effective processing in tandem with Risk, Client Coverage and Front Office users.
CEO CIB Office
Credit & Portfolio Management (CPM):
- Various RWA related reports and MI at different sects
- ECL variance and movement
- Development and maintenance of various CPM MI Dashboard like CPM MI, CG Simulation etc.
- Monthly RHCIC packs reporting the entire list of loans monitored by CPM distribution, List of loans on Marketing list, recommended for Sale and Pending marketing.
- Bi-Monthly RWA LSD Pricing update
- Monthly Minimum Retained Uninsured Report, Industry statement, Regional portfolio report, GCLO pack, OBL MI packs, CPM MI packs and priority Sale Report to respective CRO.
- Monthly Chakra Reference/RWA save on Chakra Reference report at regional Level and Chakra Reference related activities.
- Maintenance of the Loan Sales database and monthly update of RMI, PMI, SCI, Creditmate and ACBS data
- Drive Capital and Liquidity efficiency through IBSM Deal direction
- Take responsibility for IBSM deal direction and support deal direction process that leverages Group’s Balance Sheet capacity as well as Bank’s cross border capabilities while meeting regulatory, liquidity and capital requirements.
- Manage deal flow and deal related issues.
- Support the delivery of strategic development for IBSM process.
- Take responsibility for the internal documentation and tools like DOI and DM and ensure that they always remain up-to-date .
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with the business/product teams and IBSM policy in Group Treasury to ensure that there is a reasonable line of sight on the projected volumes and demand growth for offshore deals and working with IBSM policy to track OBL capacity and utilisation are at desired levels.
- Ensure that Accountable Executives in the OBLs are kept informed of the utilisation and volume trends across the originating and booking units.
- ·Manage expectations of various stakeholders and ensure that the policy is uniformly implemented across various OBLs and the originating units
People and Talent:
- Compliance with all relevant process procedure, guidelines, rules & regulations
- To work and solve problems independently and be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Embed new Operational Risk framework into monitoring processes and report any escalations to Management.
- Monthly monitoring of CST and performance measurement of KCIs
- Work closely with Operational Excellence & Change management team members to understand key issues and processes and drive automation of processes.
- Adherence to mandatory certifications and operational requirements
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Group Traded Risk Management (TRM)
- Group Enterprise Risk Management Team
- Group Risk & Compliance Infrastructure and change management
- CEO, CIB office
- Associated Technology partners
- Business desks
- GBS Management team
- Participate in at least 2 days of volunteering per year
- Participate in engagement activities
- Be motivated and actively engage in activities like innovation and automation initiatives
- To hold assigned roles of First Aider / Fire Warden / ADCC as appropriate and discharge the expected responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Post-Graduation in Finance with relevant 3+ years of experience
- Risk Certifications from established institutions is recommended
- FRM Certified candidates will be preferred
- Any technical Certification in MS Office Advanced tools / SQL / Tableau / SAS/ will be preferred
General Skill Set:
- Strong knowledge in banking products across asset classes (FX/Rates/ Equity/ Credit and Commodities)
- Awareness of trading environment, macroeconomic fundamentals, market moves & potential impact on exposures.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work in a global team
- Expertise in programming language is not required but good to have
- Working knowledge in MS Excel, Access
- Knowledge about Market and Credit Risk
- Documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the Group’s businesses, governance structure and approach to risk management.
- Experience in team admin tasks/cost controller/project accountant role with familiarity to SCB project management standards / tools would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in Agile framework
- Significant Experience in major regulatory programs in the Risk/Finance, Banking industry – BCBS,IMM,CVA etc