Support Engineer - Bengaluru | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration & engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
• Experience with one or more Big Data or Analytics Products and Services
o Azure Data Factory
o Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks
o Azure Cosmos DB, NoSQL Services, MongoDB
o Data Lake
o Cloud Streaming technologies
• Open Source Ecosystem (Linux, Apache, etc.)
• Developer Experience: Python, Scala, R
• Experience with one or more customer support, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, network operations, software engineering, or consulting, customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support.
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
• Programming & debugging experience
• Experience in RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
• Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft
• Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner
• Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources
• BA/BS degree
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.