Systems Support Administrator - Mumbai | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Systems Support Administrator
Permanent (Full time)
Framestore is an Oscar, Bafta and Emmy award-winning global creative company working in film, advertising and content, with a focus on animation and VFX projects. We are looking for a talented, focused and forward thinking Systems Administrator to join our team as we work to deliver to the challenges of large scale feature film post-production.
The Systems team is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the technology infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, storage, networking, workstations and rendering. It also includes the various software elements around both the core operating system(s) and the various application layer components that are deployed upon that framework.
The Junior Systems Administrator will be part of the Level 1 team. They are the first responders to incidents and requests supporting all Framestore divisions. They are to set an example for the Support Assistants and be their point of escalation if necessary.
A Junior Systems Administrator performs daily duties of maintenance on applications, OS, hardware, monitoring resources and troubleshooting. They need to be able to communicate well with the end users and deal with varied issues on a daily basis. These can include OS (Windows and Linux), hardware, application deployments, networking, storage, studio setups, remote working etc.
They will eventually work in a shift rota, as well as potentially moving to on-call (on a call rotation) providing out of hours support in case of a show stopping issue.
They will also provide necessary documentation and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Redhat based OS for workstation
- Windows OS support
- Applications deployments
- Scripting language (tcsh, bash, python, perl, ruby)
- Strong self-guided problem solving skills
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Plus one or more of the following:
- Networking (Layer2, Layer3 including dynamic routing and VPN tunnels)
- Windows Systems administration and deployment (WDS, WPKG, WSUS)
- Storage configuration and management (monitoring, allocating and troubleshooting)
- Active Directory management
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible)
- NIS, NFS, autofs administration
- VMWare and/or virtual server environment administration
- Postgres and/or MySQL database management
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.