Specialist - Chennai | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Specialist - DPTP Development
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
About the Role:
The Data and Privacy Transformation Programme, within Group COO – Trust, Data & Resilience, aims to uplift existing data & privacy processes and controls and to improve customer experience. This role will involve working with the various Business and Functions teams, with 2nd line Compliance colleagues and technology to design, implement & operationalise capabilities for robust, streamlined and customer centric Data & Privacy management.
The Specialist (Technology Tools) will be a key member of DPTP Development Team and responsible for delivering the various technology and vendor solutions used in DPTP. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
The Role Responsibilities**Software Delivery:**- Build & deliver software using standard framework and design patterns.
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method
- Develop secure software components that can be reused for building multi-grained services.
- Adhere to governance and standards and ensure alignment with framework patterns.
- Produce high quality technical documentation
- Decompose technical tasks and provide estimates
- Develop and maintain automated testing
- Manage work on tools/modules deliverables from concept to completion as per project timelines
- Brainstorm and suggest design solutions based on user/product requirements
- Contribute towards an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
Vendor Solution Assessment:- Review and assess suitable vendor solutions, write up build vs buy proposals and RFI
- Execute POCs and analyse vendor assessment matrix
- Integrate vendor solution into existing technology architecture
Stakeholder Management:- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions –deep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make strategic design, new features and functionality
Key Stakeholders:- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Agile Development Team(s)
- Production Support Team
- Vendor Product Team(s)
QUALIFICATIONS: Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
Must Have Skills:- Working experience in software development, full stack development
- Technical Stack: Java, Spring, Oracle database, REST APIs, JSON/YML, Linux
- Technical Tools: Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket or Git, CI/CD (Maven, Git, Jenkins), Development IDE such as Eclipse, Intelij IDEA or VS Code
- Building Web services/microservices.
- Agile development experience
- Minimum 12+ years of hands-on working experience in software development.
Other Important Skills and Knowledges:- Good knowledge on Data & Privacy and Metadata Management
- Multitasking ability and good Communication skills
- Understanding of DevOps practices and toolsets
- Good experience on Cloud Computing (Terraforms)
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
Tools:- Hudson - mandatory
- Jenkins - mandatory
- Jira - knowledge
- SVN - mandatory
- Wire shark/Fiddler - preferred
- Heap/Thread dump analyser - knowledge
- Sonar - knowledge
- SQL Developer or any equivalent - knowledge
Middle ware:- JBOSS - Prefered
- Weblogic - Knowledge
- WAS - Knowledge
- Apache - must
- Tomcat - knowledge
Posted 13 days ago