Software Engineer II - Tadbund Hyderabad | Zoek India | 6008be43f19f4761bbeb40de5d2b2785
Software Engineer II
Tadbund Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
Permanent (Full time)
We are the team defining the future of the Azure Database for MySQL service, as part of the Azure Data group within the Cloud + Enterprise Azure division. Azure big data teams work at the intersection of cloud, storage, and open-source technologies to solve the pressing challenges of our customers. Our team is building the next generation elastic scale MySQL as a database service that is designed to run planet-scale applications. We work with various open-source components such as Kubernetes, Docker Containers, MySQL, MariaDB, etc., and we make regular contributions back. This is your opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard distributed system problems, and ship high impact features at a rapid pace. If you love the engineering challenges of designing and delivering cutting-edge, cloud-scale distributed systems technologies, if you are passionate about developing fault tolerant, performant, manageable, and resilient services that host mission critical customer workloads operated at massive scale, then this role is for you!
As an engineer, you will have an opportunity to design and build a hyperscale Azure MySQL Database service using the latest breakthroughs in compute, containers, and storage. You can expect to:
- Spend your days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers. We develop, test, and check code in every day.
- Obsess about our customers and improve their lives through a data-driven decision process driven by telemetry flowing from production systems.
- Look for opportunities to build upon existing technologies by joining us at the forefront of Microsoft’s adoption of open source.
- Tune production database systems and internal components to run workloads faster and with higher availability
- Get creative and be bold in enabling customers to unlock business value by moving their applications into the cloud
We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges, and along the way, change the world. We’re looking for full stack engineers to build them from the ground up. Do you want to solve challenges that you didn’t even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Azure Data team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in C OR Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
- Understanding of the data structures and algorithms commonly used in distributed systems
- Experience with database internals, schema, storage, metadata, and migrations is highly valuable
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes and/or similar technology
- Experience building and shipping production grade software or services at scale with high availability guarantees
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD)
- High enthusiasm, integrity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Experience building a distributed application end to end with an open-source technology stack back-end (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and Hadoop)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Posted 6 days ago