Associate Manager - Chennai | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Associate Manager, Trade Operations
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
Job Description - Associate Manager, Trade Operations#########
Associate Manager, Trade Operations -#########
: Transaction Banking
: 23/Dec/2020, 12:28:49 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Exhibit qualities which demonstrate the group’s strategy.
- To treat Customer’s with Human touch and understand the importance at every business stage.
- To support strategic intent, on the growth of business, cross functional advantage and work on cost efficiency.
- To establish and maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure prompt and effective responses to the various business requirements, queries and requests from them.
- To be aware of the business targets and ensure compliance.
- To own the business transactions of Clients and ensure completion at all levels/stages on a sustained basis.
- To ensure that all documents are accurately checked, processed and released in compliance with statutory regulatory and internal operational instructions.
- Ensuring deals are being released as per the Departmental Operating Instructions manual, customer’s instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- To ensure transactions are handled with in the allocated approved limits at all times, on a continual basis.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed for the Processes from time to time.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
People and Talent
- To ensure the team is well managed, planning for the day/week.
- To ensure planned leaves and enough back-ups created for seamless business delivery.
- To ensure on-going training for Staff on the DOI, process upgrades and deputing them for product related trainings.
- To ensure the motivation levels of the Staff is kept high always.
- To encourage Staff to participate in C3, CSR activities.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- To identify risk on a continual basis and derive mitigants on a sustained basis.
- Comply with Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures, if any.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade Operations Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- To effectively manage key stakeholders, Country Offices, Regulators, Superiors, Peers, Subordinates.
- To identify Continuous Improvement initiatives in simplifying the processes, procedures applying LEAN techniques.
- To identify standardization opportunities.
- To actively participate in the C3 initiatives.
- To enthusiastically participate in the Quality initiatives of the organization and achieve expected results in the work place.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic Qualification: Bcom / MCom / MBA / BE with relevant experience of 8+ years
- Relevant Trade Certification such as CDCS, CSDG, CTF as applicable to the role.
- AML & Sanctions Training, yearly certification.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Posted 12 days ago