Software Engineer 2 - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 605d87f3dc6048c9850f3791b55c1835
Software Engineer 2
Permanent (Full time)
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, PayPal plays an active role in defining the future of how people buy, sell, lend and donate. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. We believe that now is the time to reimagine money, to democratize financial services, so that managing and moving money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent.
We believe every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. We have an obligation to empower people to exercise this right and improve financial health.
As a leader in Financial Technology, we believe in providing simple, affordable, secure and reliable financial services and digital payments that enable the hopes, dreams and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
It is our duty and privilege to be Customer Champions. We have a fundamental commitment to put our customers at the center of everything we do. We must be bold and innovative and execute flawlessly against our immediate goals, with our eyes always on the future.
With 300+ million active customers and 14 million merchants, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem that people and businesses use to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. Our global reach into 203 markets allows us to deliver seamless and secure payment experiences around the world, giving people the ability to pay with confidence with the technology they love.
We’re at a unique moment in time. Over the next few years, the world’s buying experiences will be rewired as consumers shift to mobile, security becomes a greater concern and digital wallets shift from a nice-to-have to a must-have. This poses a massive opportunity for us at PayPal.
PayPal is the most widely used, trusted digital wallet in the world, but in order to remain competitive in this changing landscape, we need to become relevant across all channels – in-store, online and on mobile. Our solid foundation gives us a head start, but we now need to position ourselves to become THE platform for mobile and next-generation commerce.
The Deposits Management Platformteam is a new one in the Common Platforms organization. The program is a multi-year journey to create best-in-class middle office capabilities on highly scalable common platform supporting all financial products across PayPal and its tenants. The Deposits Management Platform (DMP) initiative is a multi-year journey to deliver an industry-proven and scalable solution that will be the enterprise system of record for real time account balances across the tenants. It is a L0 common platform with simplified and standardized balance management capabilities available across the enterprise.
With DMP, PayPal and its tenants can more effectively:
- Simplify the existing ecosystem with a single source of truth for account balances
- Leverage a standard set of balance management capabilities / APIs available to all tenants and future acquisitions
The Position is for a junior Engineer for the implementation of a Deposits Management Platform.
He/She works closely with the team members to understand business and technical requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding and testing applications. Engineer works closely with the team and the BA’s to translate functional requirements into technical approaches and layout the basis of the implementation.
• Responsible for the development of new features and improvements of applications for deposits management platform
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project
• Codes, tests, debugs and documents software applications
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
• Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
• Background in Banking Industry and Payments
• Experience building out a focus on micro-services/API based platform
• Demonstrates an understanding of agile methodologies and practices
• Knowledge of Platform integration
• Knowledge of leading banking platform solutions
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Agile environment experience with great communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise on performance testing and tuning will be an asset
• Knowledge of Java tech stacks
• Knowledge of Java (JDK ###### J2EE, Hibernate 3, EJB , SQL, XML
• knowledge of WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss or Liberty
• knowledge of Oracle/DB2 databases
• Experience developing RESTful Web Services.
• CI/CD knowledge will be an asset
• Understanding of TDD, unit testing, and integration testing (., Citrus, Cucumber etc)
• Knowledge of Websphere Integration Developer (WID), Eclipse, IntelliJ or NetBeans will be an asset
• Payment expertise . DE, NPP, ISO20022, SEPA, SWIFT MT will be an asset
• Expertise on performance testing and tuning will be an asset
• Knowledge of MQ Server will be an asset.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at ###### .
Posted 30+ Days Ago
At PayPal we are reimagining money, democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to safely connect to their money and to each other. We are purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the forefront of the digital payments revolution.
Learn more about privacy-related questions or data retention.
Please note that this site has updated features that can’t run on older versions of Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal experience.
Posted 7 days ago