Level 2/3 Application Support - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 6079e6b6707641eaa270765f90ad42b1
Level 2/3 Application Support
Permanent (Full time)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.Â
Technology/Department/Role at Morgan Stanley:
As a memberof the Production Management team we need you to bring your passion fortechnology to enable the team to operate more efficiently in a fast pacedenvironment, and to help us provide best in class services to the firmâsclients across Business Units.
Thecandidate should be adaptive to a continuous changing environment, be able tosuccessfully multi-task, and enjoy the pressure and stress of a fully engagedproduction management role. This is a diverse role which provides greatpersonal development opportunities and will suit an astute candidate with anappetite for responsibility and hands-on technology exposure.
This is anexciting opportunity to help shape the next evolution of our Technologyplatform, working in conjunction with the businesses, developers, dataoperations, outside counterparties and regulatory bodies. Because this positionprovides exposure to a wide range of cutting edge technologies and is tightlyintegrated with our Agile based development teams/business sponsors, the exposurethis role provides enables limitless career growth potential.
- Handle production management servicesincluding end user support, systems monitoring, incident management, problemmanagement, plant management and event management.
- Build extensive business and applicationknowledge required for supporting client facing applications.
- Diagnose and resolve application issues toensure optimal performance and usability.
- Develop automation to reduce toil, improveefficiency and eliminate customer impact.
- Provide root cause analysis withrecommendations for improvements.
- Interface with Developers to driveapplication fixes with right business justification.
- Configure application monitors usingindustry standard monitoring tools, as well as developing customized monitoringsolutions.
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science or related field
- Shouldhave prior experience in Production Support environment
- Strongtechnical background in databases, such as Oracle, Sybase and DB2 including SQLde- bugging and to some extent performance tuning
- Strongexperience of Unix/Linux environment
- Comfortablewith scripting skills: Shell/ Perl (Primary)or Python (Secondary)
- Understandingof schedulers (Autosys, Control M etc.).
- Strongverbal and written skills required to interact with global teams and customers
- Strongproblem solving skills, analytical skills and an ability to learn rapidly on-the-job
- Goodorganization and coordination skills for handling Incident/Issues effectively
- Experiencein financial service/products, investment banking.
- Experiencein Advanced Monitoring/Alerting Tools (Splunk, AppDynamics,Elastic Search etc.)
- Haveknowledge on development tools like GIT, Jenkins etc.
Posted 3 days ago