Database Administrator 2 - Tadbund Hyderabad | Zoek India | 608b69e62d5a49138fc7fb8319946131
Database Administrator 2-IT
Tadbund Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
Permanent (Full time)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
The development group in the Construction and Engineering Global Business Unit (CEGBU) is focused on developing enterprise level solutions for our customers in project intensive industries. Our applications provide project and portfolio management, contract management, resource management, and risk management solutions used by customers worldwide. We leverage an agile development methodology(scrum) to facilitate the development of our products. Our development practices include empowered scrum teams, continuous build and integration, monthly sprint reviews, and a heavy emphasis on testing early and often.
The position is for an experienced Oracle Development DBA and developer. The successful candidate will work remotely during the pandemic and post-pandemic locally at the CEGBU's Hyderabad, India office.
- Install, configure and administer Oracle databases
- Manage schemas, tables, indexes, etc. in Oracle databases 12c and later databases
- Hands-on development experience of SQL, Oracle PLSQL, Linux Bash Shell Scripting, SQL Tuning
- Communicate and work with with product, development, QA and management teams effectively to discuss and develop data migration and other tools and utilities
- Develop clear and precise documentation of tools, etc. usage for other fellow developers
- 3 to 5 years hands-on Postgres DBA and developer experience
- . in computer engineering or STEM degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience in SQL, PLSQL scripting, Oracle packages, procedures and functions, Linux bash scripting, SQL Tuning, XML
- Work independently as well as communicate effectively and work across multiple geographically-diverse functional teams
- Familiarity and some experience with Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, JDBC, JPA, EclipseLink, Jenkins, JSON, Object-Oriented Programming and and Devops processes
- Cloud experience (SaaS, PaaS or IaaS) is strongly desired
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
Provide Development and Production support for databases. This includes creating primary database storage structures; designing and creating primary objects; modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance; monitoring and optimizing performance of the database; planning for backup and recovery of the database; allocating system storage and planning future storage needs; and creating database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 3 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Exposure and practice at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
Posted 6 days ago