Principal Engineer - Mumbai | Zoek India | 609955e9782b4747995566e05d7ecb35
Permanent (Full time)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities:
Principal Engineer with at least 10-15 years of total experience will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Principal Engineer Responsibilities:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Optimize applications for performance and scalability.
- Building secured backend API's to be consumed by multiple applications (. web and mobile)
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Ability to handle small team of software developers.
Principal Engineer Requirements:
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with one or more cloud platform (AWS, Azure).
- Exposure of DevOps tool like terraform, CICD.
- Be comfortable with TDD, pair programming.
- Strong hold on system design, microservice architecture.
- Have experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Proficiency with one or more server-side languages such as NodeJS, Python, Java.
- Familiarity with database technology such as GIT, Streams, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience in profiling, debugging & troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Posted 5 days ago