Senior Cost Management Specialist - Chennai | Zoek India | 60b0a01b29a948d4ad3af1087a9e8633
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Cost Management Specialist
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Permanent (Full time)
Find and apply to open positions in your areas of interest at Dow locations worldwide.
Position: Senior Cost Management Specialist
Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd. has an opening for Senior Cost Management Specialist to be located at Chennai, India
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care and electronics.
- Integrates Project Cost & workhour estimate, project schedule into Cost Management baseline.
- Develop Project cost reports of high accuracy. (create cash flows, cancellation curves, cost narratives, trend analysis, analyzing the contingency, commitment, spent and forecasts)
- Create the, accurate reflection of committed/spent funds, project deviation notices, field change orders, and project execution changes in all cost documents),Provides estimate of cancellation costs.
- Leads the project team in deriving an accurate/ realistic forecast of all funds required to complete the project within the defined budget and schedule while incorporating own trending and analyses.
- Alerts the project team to critical Cost Management issues.
- Provides supporting data for project metrics, external benchmarking and project closure.
- Lead the cost changes or deviations. Alert on thresholds and enhance controls. Integrate with various functional disciplines as a team player ensuring the right inputs for the accurate forecasting.
- Analyze the contingency forecast and the drawdowns and cost accruals periodically to enhance smooth execution of the project.
- Knowledge in standard procurement work process, construction change order work process and supporting tools set.
- Familiar in Turnaround projects and conversant with Field practices and construction exposure
- Initiative/Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical Capabilities
- Project Cost Management tools (SAP, EcoSys, etc.) and Methodology
- Knowledge of Contracting, Subcontracting of multi discipline projects in Oil& Gas and Chemical Sectors- (Small, Medium and Large Projects)
- Engineering man-hour utilizations/allocations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 year and above experience as Cost Controller
- Estimating Tools and schedule management tools (general awareness)
- Must be willing to work on projects at different geographies / locations role.
- Strong communication Skills in English.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please or follow###### on Twitter.
®™ Trademark of Dow or an affiliated company of Dow
Posted 10 days ago