PeopleSoft Principal Cloud Architect - Bengaluru | Zoek India | 60b53ac21d954c9bb1610d8bdec113ef
PeopleSoft Principal Cloud Architect
Permanent (Full time)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. LifeatOracle
PeopleSoft Principal Cloud Architect-210007BCApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
Oracle Cloud Engineering is looking for a Cloud Engineer to be a subject matter expert in the areas of Cloud Infrastructure, Database and Oracle Applications, leveraging Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) services to solve customer problems and drive down customer costs. The specialist CE will partner closely with the Business Development and Sales teams as well as customers and partners, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions, primarily in the area of Oracle packaged applications.
OCI is the next generation cloud service built from the ground up for the most demanding application requirements with enterprise-class performance, reliability, and governance functionality for a variety of customer use cases. We are rapidly expanding our footprint and continuously building innovative solutions.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
The job requires working in afternoon shifts starting around 2:00 PM, India time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with Sales teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of OCI solutions.
- Partner closely with customer and 3rd party partners to work on non-production and production migrations, especially in the database and infrastructure workstreams.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with customers, partners and Oracle field personnel to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Create field enablement materials for the broader field population, to help other CEs understand how to integrate OCI solutions into customer app architectures.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
- Implement Proof-of-Concepts, non-production migrations and production migrations for databases and applications.
- Experience in Oracle Database, including at least 5 years of professional experience in related technologies.
- Experience with modern cloud platforms (OCI, AWS, Azure, GCP) including networking, governance, identity, storage, high availability and disaster recovery and operations. Experience and/or certification in OCI is a plus.
- Experience with managing data transformation as part of a cloud data integration strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Engineering degree with Technical background highly desired; advanced degree a plus.
- Communicate complex ideas and topics to multiple audiences.
- Be able to work with and communicate internally & with the customer at all levels, including engineers, end-users, partners to senior leaders.
- Design solutions to customer issues by bringing together the right processes, technologies, tools, and people.
Key Skills, listed in priority order:
- 7+ years of experience in developing, implementing or architecting information systems.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud computing (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience involving Peoplesoft Admin & DBA activities.
- Lift and Shift of PeopleSoft and DB hands on knowledge required
- Should have good knowledge of PIA, Integration broker, single sign on , Elastic search etc
- Should have experience of installing multi-node PeopleSoft environments
- Should have experience of analysing and tuning Peoplesoft Performance Issues
- Experience with cloud technologies (virtualization, storage, PaaS, networking, identity)
- Experience with Peoplesoft patching and tools upgrade.
- Experience in deploying and extracting change package from PUM
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Unix shell scripting, Perl, WLST)
- Experience with Peoplesoft platform migration.
- System administration experience (Linux, Solaris, Windows).
- Hands-on experience in designing and capacitive planning for Peoplesoft application
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
:Yes, 25 % of the Time
:Regular Employee Hire