Senior Consultant - Mumbai | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Consultant - Public /Police Security
Permanent (Full time)
Sales/Pre-Sales Travel Requirements 50%
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 80,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®. SAS is the first company to call when customers need to solve complex business problems, achieve key objectives and manage their information assets more effectively.
Watch SAS Overview Interactive Tour to learn how SAS fulfills its mission and vision. Find out how SAS provides more than just software by creating innovative solutions to business problems. Hear why customers view their relationship with SAS as a partnership that they can rely on for many years.
To empower and inspire with the most trusted analytics.
Authentic | Approachable | Curious | Passionate
Best workplace awards attract top talent.
Year after year, SAS ranks high on a variety of lists for best places to work not only in the US but around the world. This recognition validates the strong connection we’ve made between culture and creative minds. We want to attract smart people – and keep them. “95 percent of my assets drive out the gate every evening. It’s my job to maintain a work environment that keeps those people coming back every morning.” – Jim Goodnight, CEO, SAS OUR CULTURE
Be a part of something extraordinary.
Our culture has always been an integral part of who we are as a company, connecting the curious nature that gave us our start, and the spirit of innovation that moves us forward. The way we act and interact is based on trust, respect and a bold motivation to drive change.
Ready to make your mark?
Curious. Passionate. Authentic. Accountable. The collective power of our values influences everything we do. From the software that we create to the conversations we share, there is a strong connection between analytics and advocacy. We imagine a better world through innovation. Empower curiosity through education outreach. Encourage the use of data for good. Embrace uniqueness through diversity. Give back through philanthropy. And collaborate with businesses to promote economic, social and environmental change.
More than a job, an experience.
Balanced lives continue to make great business sense. So we remain strongly committed to providing the whole employee experience – meaningful work, empowerment to make a difference, and a world-class environment that inspires innovation. Whether you're a university recruit or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS will be a surprisingly good fit
Position Title: Sr. Consultant - Public/ Police Security
Assists sales teams, pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Influences sales through domain or business expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles by enabling those who will be executing sales cycles or through supporting in-country business development efforts.
- Critical & niche role to fill up with strong police security & public safety domain understanding and experience around managing transnational crimes.
- Ideally worked in a national investigation officer role at eg CBI, IB, and any such Investigating Agencies.
- Real world expertise and experience: need a seasoned law enforcement professional who is comfortable in meetings with senior leaders in law enforcement and national security and intelligence.
- Education: Master’s Degree applicants, as well as those with relevant industry qualifications such as the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- An ability to help influence and provide ‘thought leadership’ through publishing papers, blogs etc
- Exposure to technology like analytics will be an added advantage.
- Someone vetted by Govt. intelligence agencies and plays the role of SME to drive business for IIM. Interested in regional travels.
- Builds trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage their domain and/or business/industry expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software. Ensures that proper expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations as appropriate to the sales situation.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in assigned domain or business/industry area. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Contributes to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
- Proatively drives customer retention efforts
- As a business/industry expert, the Business Solutions Manager understands an entire industry and/or specific business processes within organizations which the company’s software, along with the company, can be deployed to support. A business/industry expert can articulate how the company’s software adds value to an organization or business process including the key value drivers, the expected returns or improvements and be able to back that up with demonstrated success stories.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert Industry knowledge at all times.
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully positions the company’s software appropriately in the business function, business process or industry area.
- Supports senior/executive management through the execution of sales workshops, or other means, to examine the pipeline and suggest appropriate activities to expand the pipeline (business expansion), move deals through the pipeline or improve the local ability to execute.
- Maintains a clear map of company software capabilities to customer needs and business processes as well as into a specific industry where applicable by analyzing industry trends and other market information to identify common opportunities
- Develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts including building customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Works closely with local, regional and international sales practices to align internal organizations around common goals and improve their ability to be effective and adopt repeatable business practices.
- Runs workgroups to share sales best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents
- As a domain expert, the Business Solutions Manager possesses a strong knowledge of a set of the company’s software and how they, along with the company, should be positioned, demonstrated and utilized to demonstrate the highest levels of value of the customer and make SAS stand out in the market. A domain expert fully understands the architecture and inner workings of the SAS software portfolio they support.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert domain and technology knowledge at all times
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other technical sales/pre-sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position the company’s software appropriately in the domain area.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior-level software demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the company’s software as they apply to client needs.
- Installs software and any required supporting 3rd party products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Runs workgroups to share sales demonstration and positioning best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents.
- Co-ordinates the internal launch of new software to technical sales/pre-sales staff either globally or in a specified region. For example, builds and delivers demos; builds and delivers “what’s new” customer-ready videos and slide decks; holds sales and technical exchanges and develops sales and technical FAQs as well as other launch collateral as appropriate in conjunction with other HQ departments.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of company offerings in assigned areas, how company’s software addresses specific business challenges, competitive information to identify how the company is differentiated, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Uses domain/industry/solution expertise to participate in and lead pre-sales activities.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Experience of around 12 to 14 years in the police security/public safety space with one of the leading government agencies.
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the public safety / police security technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Corporate Office address
SAS Institute (India) Pvt Ltd ▪ Maker Maxity, 3rd Floor, 4 North Avenue,
Bandra-Kurla Complex,Bandra (East), Mumbai - 400 051**######
SAS® … THE POWER TO KNOW®