Project Manager - Pune | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Pune, Pune Division, Maharashtra
Permanent (Full time)
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our application development team at India (Pune) Development Center. The candidate will lead, coordinate and own cross-functional distributed teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure. The Project Manager will be responsible for the full range of activities required to effectively deliver medium to complex projects by assuming accountability for project completion on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Primary function includes Project Management, Client Management and Team Leadership.
- Work in tandem with pre-sales and account management team to understand the high-level requirements of a prospect – create, validate and question the proposed estimates and timelines.
- Lead complex projects/programs from conceptual design to implementation.
- Own the application development lifecycle and leverage Agile/Iterative methodology to deliver software systems in short but progressive and impactful cycles. Manage project priorities and resource assignments to ensure adequate resources are available for successful projects
- Scope project work through discovery of business requirements, non-functional requirements and translation to technical work effort, SDLC project plans and work breakdown scheduling.
- Manage project work in alignment with the Statement of Work (SOW) obligations and ensure accurate team reporting of billable hours for efficient client invoicing against the project budget on a periodical basis.
- Manage projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high-performance standards.
- Oversee the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapt and apply the Infogain delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers. Establish and maintain project communication.
- Oversee project estimations, and development of project deliverables. Establish and maintain processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle. Identify and manage project issues.
- Set project quality and performance standards. Assess and manage risk over the project lifecycle. Maintain project tracking and information systems.
- Ensure key project-wide roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects. Ensure a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
- Partner with others to lead teams of 10-25 individuals. Build and structure project teams to ensure maximum performance. Provide purpose, direction and motivation to team. Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction. Manage peer-level client relationships (expectation, communication, negotiation, escalation, feedback, etc.). Develop relationship with key client stakeholders and client executives.
- Mentor development teams, encourage adoptions of latest technologies, promote use of best practices and design patterns. Participate in recruitment and hiring activities. Participate in, and assist with, company events such as training and internal initiatives. Contribute to the ongoing development of the Program Management Domain and Quality Improvement initiatives at Silicus.
- Drive various organization-level operating procedures, such as those for change-management, quality management.
- Contribute to a practice, domain or account by way of knowledge management, new business development, writing proposals / estimations / RFPs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline from reputed engineering college
- Education: . / B. Tech / MCA / MCS
- Overall 12+ years of demonstrated advanced proficiency in successfully delivering solutions involving PHP, Angular, JAVA.
- 4+ years of experience in project management and leadership of diverse team of 15 or more people in dynamic, distributed and fast-paced environments.
- 4+ years of experience in full-life cycles from estimation to final delivery.
- 4+ years of client management experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships (preferably at the executive level).
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
- Good understanding of CMMi and ISO quality processes.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical expertise in Open source Java or PHP.
- Good deployment knowledge using Azure cloud, serverless architecture and Kubernetes
- Knowledge about US ACH processing will be plus
- Excellent people skills and relationship management skills
- Experience in several areas of technology services, possess experience in technology support, and/or architecture and applications development, and/or project management, and/or systems operations, etc.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Working with an executive team in a trusted advisor capacity to influence, articulate and assist in implementation of business and technology strategy
- Developing people and leading teams
- Thought leadership (includes internal innovation/creativity and outside eminence)
- Operational excellence (includes ROI, budgeting/operations, metrics, etc.)
- Project management (includes crisis and change management activities)
- Quality and risk management
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and tools including Agile (XP and Scrum), Rapid Application Development etc.
- Drive for results. Motivate team while constantly driving towards key milestones. Maintain constant awareness of project deliverables; keep team focused on short and long term milestones
- Strong negotiator. Must be able to effectively manage scope of projects and the expectation of the project stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in developing technical professionals through mentoring, career counseling, performance management activities, including the creation of training and development plans.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to provide technology leadership to multiple projects / teams. Experience in interfacing with external software design and development vendors is preferred.
- Experience and skill with customer-facing communications and interaction with technical & non-technical team members, and customer stakeholders on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio.
- Company Description
Infogain is a Silicon Valley headquartered company with software platform engineering and deep domain expertise in the travel, retail, insurance and high technology industries. We accelerate the delivery of digital customer engagement systems using digital technologies such as cloud, microservices, robotic process automation and artificial intelligence to our clients.
Infogain delivers positive business outcomes for Fortune 500 companies and digital natives, using rapid prototyping and a solid foundation of DevSecOps-based software platform engineering that ensure high-quality and on-time delivery. A ChrysCapital portfolio company, Infogain has offices in California, Washington, Texas, London, Dubai, India and Singapore, with delivery centers in Austin, New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, and Mumbai.
Visit us as to learn more.