Engineering Manager - Bangalore (North) | Zoek India
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Engineering Manager - Sense Engineering Team
Bangalore (North), Bangalore Urban, Karnataka
Permanent (Full time)
At Sense, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of support to our customers. With a rapidly growing customer base, we need to find innovative ways to empower our Customer Success to do more for the users. In this journey, we are building a team of energetic developers and engineers who can help in providing the necessary support and develop new tools that will help our Customer Success teams to succeed as we continue to grow our user count and product suite. This team will be dealing with the production bugs and will also own the relevant code changes to be done for fixing the same. As a leader of this team, you will be responsible to ensure the success of this team. We are looking for a hands-on engineering manager who can lead this team by example. You'll be a founding member of this new internal product team and an impact player in a rapidly growing organization.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Lead automation and internal tool development efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture
- Accountable for identifying commonalities across reported customer incidents and drive root cause efforts to understand and resolve these problems
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes and managing operational costs in running the systems.
- Hiring, managing, and nurturing the junior and senior engineers of the team
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure timely resolution of the issues being faced by the customers
- Ensure the stability and quality of the customer support tools being built
- Collaborate with the leaders and other engineering managers across the organization to build internal features for our entire product suite
- 10+ years of professional experience in development and support
- 2+ years of experience in leading and managing a high-performance team of junior and senior engineers
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a systematic problem-solving approach
- Experience in SQL and relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability/passion to solve complex problems independently
- Strong understanding of support processes – SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes, and metrics
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate tools and services with a security, scalability, and performance mindset
- Understanding of the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, deploy
- Strong decision-making ability
- Must be able to think proactively, excellent follow-through, and attention to detail